Heart and soul of Thailand: it’s people (consolation prize)
By Nattapon Rojanapo
Voicu Mihnea Simandan: Ka...
7 classic ways to enjoy B...
Impressions of markets in...
Share this story
Reminders for upload page
•TAT Newsroom will reject, without prior notice, any stories or photos which do not address the topic or which are deemed to have inappropriate content.
•Stories or photos submitted to the campaign should be positive in tone. Anything deemed negative or derogatory will not be uploaded.
• All entries must be the work of the individual submitting them and must not have been published elsewhere either online or in print, or have won prizes in any other competition. Entrants must be able to guarantee that the blog, photo or video they are submitting is their own work and that they own the copyright for it.
• Work that has already been posted on entrants’ personal blogs but NOT older than four (4) months will be accepted.
• It is the responsibility of entrants to make sure that any photos or videos they upload of people have been taken with the permission of the subject and do not infringe the copyright of any third party. When an individual under 18 is featured in an image, the entrant must be able to confirm that a parent or guardian has given consent.
• If it is proven that an entrant has uploaded a blog, photo or video that they don’t have the rights to, any disputes, claims or legal action over disputed copyright remain the responsibility of the entrant. TAT Newsroom will bear no responsibility.
• Photos or videos entered may be digitally enhanced to remove spots or scratches, but not manipulated. Bloggers can enhance the picture to make it brighter, clearer etc., but not manipulate the content. Photos with watermarks or names will not be eligible. TAT Newsroom reserves the right to exclude photos or videos that may have been treated so as to alter their authenticity.
• TAT Newsroom reserves the right to reject, without prior notice, any blogs or videos that may cause legal disputes including slanderous, vulgar or violent language, or portray a negative image of Thailand and its institutions.
Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions
By participating, you agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these terms and conditions and meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of TAT Newsroom as final and binding as it relates to the content of this campaign.
Under the 3rd TAT Newsroom Blogger Thailand competition’s Terms and Conditions, you understand and agree that:
1. Entrants must be aged 18 or over only.
2. Entrants must be deemed as genuine travel bloggers by the TAT Newsroom Team and the judging panel. This means they have a regularly-updated presence on social media channels and a substantial number of regular followers (at least 10,000, or as deemed appropriate by the TAT Newsroom team). Platforms could include Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google Plus, etc. or a personal blog that covers travel, food or culture topics.
3. Entrants need to “like” and “follow” all social media accounts of the TAT Newsroom, and must inform their followers that they have entered the contest via all their social media platforms in order to be eligible for consideration by the judging panel. These accounts are:
o TAT Newsroom: Facebook; Twitter; Instagram; and Google+
4. By entering, all entrants and any subsequent prize winners agree to allow the free use of their names, photographs, videos and general locations for publicity purposes of the TAT Newsroom
5. TAT newsroom reserves the right to edit, publish and use each entry in any and all media (including print and online) for tourism publicity and news purposes.
6. TAT Newsroom bears no responsibility for entries not received for whatever reason.
7. Winning entries in the popular vote category must receive a minimum of 5,000 “likes” from readers and followers to be eligible to claim the prize. If no entry reaches 5,000 “likes” the winners will be selected by the judging panel.
8. Winners will be notified within seven (7) days after the Closing Date. All reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner during this time. If a winner cannot be contacted or is not available, TAT Newsroom reserves the right to select the next entrants with the highest number of votes or whose work was deemed outstanding by the judges. There will be no compensation for winning entrants who cannot be reached.
9. Winners may be required to submit valid identification before receiving their prize.
10. Prizes are non-transferable and will only be awarded to the winner.
11. There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated.
12. TAT Newsroom reserves the right to change prize details without notice and all prizes, including travel dates, are subject to availability.
13. The dates for the Thailand trip for winners will be announced shortly. If winning entrants are not able to travel at this time, TAT Newsroom reserves the right to choose the next entrants with the highest number of points or whose work was deemed outstanding by judges. There will be no compensation for winning entrants who are unable to join the trip during the set dates.
14. Overseas winners are responsible for any expenses and arrangements not specifically included in the prizes, including any necessary travel documents, passports, visas, and travel insurances. TAT Newsroom bears no responsibility for wining entrants who are unable to make necessary arrangements before the travel dates.
15. TAT Newsroom will book one (1) port-to-port return air ticket (on Thai Airways International or similar) for winners outside Thailand so that winners can join the trip. The winners are responsible for their own transport transfers to the nearest Thai Airways Hub (Click to See the List).
16. If campaign winners want to extend their stay in Thailand, they are required to make their own arrangements to change flight dates and be issued with new tickets.
17. The winners’ prizes of an air ticket to Thailand and a 5D/4N familiarisation trip are indivisible. Having confirmed they are joining the TAT Newsroom trip, winners are committed to taking part with the arranged activities and sticking to the itinerary.
18. TAT Newsroom accepts no responsibility whatsoever for any death, injury or other damage, loss, expense or liability of prize winners on the winning trip.
19. TAT newsroom reserves the right to amend any terms and conditions as it deems appropriate without prior notice, and to withhold prizes for any violation of rules.
Thank you very much for your submission. Your post will be reviewed by the TAT Newsroom team and uploaded on the website within 24 hours, providing it meets with all terms and conditions. Once your post appears on the blog.tatnews.org website, you can start sharing it with your followers.