1. Bloggers are limited to submitting a total of one (1) blog and one (1) photo each via blog.tatnews.org,
All content must be in English only.
i. A blog entry
A blog of between 350-500 words, accompanied by one photo or a video to illustrate the story. The photo should not be larger than 2MB with high quality while the video should be submitted via a link to a video on YouTube.
ii. A photo entry
A photo should be saved in JPEG format and should have a resolution of 300 dpi. It should not be larger than 2MB with a width of not more than 2,500 pixels. Photos must have a title (up to 100 characters, no spaces) that briefly describes the image and states where in Thailand it was taken.
2. The entries must reflect the TAT’s latest communication concept of “Open to the New Shades”
which highlights how visitors can discover new perspectives in existing attractions, or indulge in experiences in new tourist attractions.
Share your experiences of Thailand’s endless array of culinary journey from delicious street food to fine-dining restaurants to cooking classes to intriguing food tours.
ii. Arts and Crafts
Share your wonderful memories of the enchanting local wisdom, fascinating festivals and world-class artisans to be found throughout Thailand.
iii. Nature and Beaches
Share your impressions of Thailand’s outstanding natural sites and stunning landscapes from north to south and west to east.
Share your ideas on the endless opportunities to discover new perspectives of Thailand, whether in the area of religion, sports or the arts, or to build on memorable experiences enjoyed on previous visits.
v. Way of Life
Build your competition entries around the warmth and hospitality of a farm tour or homestay you’ve experienced in Thailand, or your mind-boggling exploration of a bustling street market.
3. Bloggers can enter their submission from 01 January - 15 February 2018
4. Only approved entries will be published for judging and voting process.
5. Entries, once approved and published must be shared with online followers using the key hash tag #TATNewsroom & #BloggerThailand2018 as well as tagging TAT Newsroom on respective social media channels.
• All entries must be the work of the individual submitting them and must not have been published elsewhere either online or in print, or have won prizes in any other competition. Entrants must be able to guarantee that the blog, photo or video they are submitting is their own work and that they own the copyright for it.
• Work that has already been posted on entrants’ personal blogs but NOT older than four (4) months will be accepted.
• It is the responsibility of entrants to make sure that any photos or videos they upload of people have been taken with the permission of the subject and do not infringe the copyright of any third party. When an individual under 18 is featured in an image, the entrant must be able to confirm that a parent or guardian has given consent.
• If it is proven that an entrant has uploaded a blog, photo or video that they don’t have the rights to, any disputes, claims or legal action over disputed copyright remain the responsibility of the entrant. TAT Newsroom will bear no responsibility.
• Photos or videos entered may be digitally enhanced to remove spots or scratches, but not manipulated. Bloggers can enhance the picture to make it brighter, clearer etc., but not manipulate the content. Photos with watermarks or names will not be eligible. TAT Newsroom reserves the right to exclude photos or videos that may have been treated so as to alter their authenticity.
• TAT Newsroom reserves the right to reject, without prior notice, any blogs or videos that may cause legal disputes including slanderous, vulgar or violent language, or portray a negative image of Thailand and its institutions.